REEP volunteers have a desire to help immigrants from all cultures and backgrounds gain the tools that allow them to thrive in a new country. By sharing their everyday knowledge, volunteers make a profound difference in immigrant students’ lives in America. At the same time, volunteers gain a rare insight into a different part of their community and the chance to interact with people from a variety of countries and cultures. REEP also allows its volunteers to explore teaching as a profession and to develop skills that can enhance other aspects of their careers.
**Volunteers are expected to make a minimum commitment of 1.5-3 hours/week for 3 months.**
***Reep currently has virtual and in-person volunteer opportunities. All volunteers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination
Ways to Volunteer with REEP
- ESL Teacher – Teach at one of our two community centers in Arlington in the morning or evening. (or online)
- ESL Substitute Teacher – Sub for our volunteer ESL teachers at one of two community centers in Arlington in the morning or evening. (or online)
- Teaching Assistant – Assist our professional teachers in our intensive program at the Syphax Education Center or Arlington Mill Community Center, in the morning or evening.
- Job Coach Teaching Assistant – help students achieve their career goals by assisting with resume writing, preparing for interviews, filling out job applications, and selecting a career path.
- Office Assistant – Assist with a variety of projects and tasks at the Syphax Education Center during the day.
- Computer Lab Volunteers – Assist our professional lab assistants at the Syphax Education Center or Arlington Mill Community Center in the morning and evening.
If you are ready to volunteer, Fill out an Online Volunteer Form, or if you have further questions contact email@example.com
Are you a current volunteer looking for the Volunteer Resources page?
Click here for the Volunteer Resources page.
**Interns are expected to make a minimum commitment of 15-20 hours/week for 3 months.**