REEP volunteers have a desire to help immigrants from all cultures and backgrounds gain the tools that allow them to thrive in a new country. By sharing their everyday knowledge, volunteers make a profound difference in immigrant students’ lives in America. At the same time, volunteers gain a rare insight into a different part of their community and the chance to interact with people from a variety of countries and cultures. REEP also allows its volunteers to explore teaching as a profession and to develop skills that can enhance other aspects of their careers.
**Volunteers are expected to make a minimum commitment of 1.5-3 hours/week for 3 months.**
***Reep currently has virtual and in-person volunteer opportunities.
Ways to Volunteer with REEP in Arlington, VA!
- ESL Teacher – Teach at one of our community centers in Arlington in the morning or evening. (or online)
- ESL Substitute Teacher – Sub for our volunteer ESL teachers at one of two community centers in Arlington in the morning or evening. (or online)
- Teaching Assistant – Assist our professional teachers in our intensive program at the Syphax Education Center or Arlington Mill Community Center, in the morning or evening.
- Job Coach Teaching Assistant – help students achieve their career goals by assisting with resume writing, preparing for interviews, filling out job applications, and selecting a career path.
- Office Assistant – Assist with a variety of projects and tasks at the Syphax Education Center during the day.
- Computer Lab Volunteers – Assist our professional lab assistants at the Syphax Education Center or Arlington Mill Community Center in the morning and evening.
Ways to Volunteer with REEP from your home!
- Online ESL Volunteer Teacher – Teach English to adults in REEP classes in community outreach classes online.
- Online Teaching Assistant – Assist online classes in community outreach or intensive classes.
Are you a current volunteer looking for the Volunteer Resources page?
Click here for the Volunteer Resources page.
**Interns are expected to make a minimum commitment of 15-20 hours/week for 3 months.**